Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Guaíba!

Oi tudo mundo! Estou aquí em minha primeira área do Brasil. I had an amazing experience in the CTM in São Paulo and am learning a lot here. The first day in the mission was zone conference, so I went straight to that and then stayed with some sisters in the city. The next day was the zone conference for the sisters who are my companions now, so I went to zone conference again and met my companions there. But, I couldn´t get a ride with all of my suitcases to my first area until the next day, so I stayed with a different set of sisters and worked in their area with them. Finally, I got here in Guaíba on Friday! It was a bit crazy but I am grateful to be here in my area with Sister Luana and Sister Nadal finally. They are great! Sister Luana is a Brazilian from Salvador and she will be finishing up her mission in September. Sister Nadal is from Pennsylvania and has been out for about 6 months. They both have been very patient and kind as I learn and adjust to everything! So my first area is called Guaíba and it is about an hour away from Porto Alegre. It´s the smallest area in the mission geographically and covers about 3 barros, which are like neighborhoods. We walk everywhere and get to meet a lot of nice people on the streets. We have a lot of investigators that we are working with and the ward is very helpful too. I am learning a lot about the culture and the people here. It´s very friendly and open and people are so loving. It´s hard not being able to understand a lot yet, but I am slowly but surely figuring things out. I know that as I do my best and trust in the Lord, He will help me to be able to do whatever is required of me. I was so grateful to be able to go to the temple last week in São Paulo. It gave me a lot of peace and an opportunity to remember that the Lord has a plan and we are never alone. I am grateful to be here in Brazil and for the opportunity I have to serve the people here. :)
 
Com amor,
Sister Dieter
PS: With the accent here, I am now Sister ``gee-eh-ter´´ haha :)




No comments:

Post a Comment