Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Why We're Here

Oi, como vai?

It's been a great week here in NC! I was able to finish up all my FBI clearance stuff and get that in. We had some really great lessons and talked to a lot of wonderful people! We are helping RG to prepare for his baptism this Saturday! But he is already so prepared, it's amazing! He's looking forward to making a covenant or promise with Heavenly Father to follow Him and to serve Him. We know that being baptized will help him to find deeper happiness in his life and a sense of purpose. That is one of my favorite things about the gospel, is that it helps us to know why we are here on Earth, where we are going, and how we can get there. Check it out: http://mormon.org/beliefs/plan-of-salvation. I know that through Jesus Christ, we can overcome our sins and weaknesses and find true happiness. He helps us to see the purpose of life, of families, of continuing to try even when life is hard. I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way to gain eternal happiness with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ after this life, and also while we are here on Earth. As I have come in contact with people who do not open their hearts to God, I see the sadness it brings. I know that even though I am not perfect, He is there to help me and to give reason to my daily life. I know that this is true for all of us. God loves you and wants to help you to succeed!
This week we met a wonderful new investigator and had a fantastic lesson. The Spirit was very strong and she wants her whole family to do this together. We are excited for them to grow and to learn how they can find true and eternal joy in their lives. It is such a blessing to be able to serve others full-time. It is sometimes hard to put off your own selfish desires, but you will always be happier in the service of others than in selfishness. I know it because I have experienced it. Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us, and it is up to us if we want to choose it or not. He will not force us, but He is always there willing and waiting to accept us! :)


Sister Dieter

No comments:

Post a Comment