Monday, January 13, 2014

Chilly chilly!

Hello!
So this week we got some sort of arctic blast and it got down to about 17 degrees one day! That is pretty much unheard of here, so it was pretty exciting! And then two days later, it was in the 70s again. So weird. Anyways, we had a pretty good week! I found out this week that I have to get FBI clearance for my visa, so I had to get fingerprinted, etc. I am definitely learning the value of patience and in trusting in the will of the Lord. I know that He has a purpose for me being here, even if I don't know what that is. I pray that I may be able to do everything that He needs me to do here. 

One very exciting miracle of the week is that an investigator RG committed to be baptized on January 25th! He is very excited about it, and we are glad that we have been able to see him learn and grow so much. I've been thinking a lot lately about how the sacrifice that Jesus Christ made for us helps us to grow and become better. It's hard to see how much we change when we look at it from a day to day perspective, but if we look back and see our progress, it's amazing! I know that God blesses all of us each and every day and that He is fine tuning our capabilities, if we will only allow him to! I know that Jesus Christ died for our sins, our weaknesses, and all of our sorrows and struggles. He did this so that we could learn and become more like Him. As we focus our energy and efforts on serving others, we will be changed by the Spirit. I know that God knows us individually and loves us a lot. I love you all and hope you are doing well!

Sister Dieter

No comments:

Post a Comment