Tuesday, July 2, 2013

5 weeks!!!

I can't believe how fast time has flown by! I leave for the MTC (Missionary Training Center) in 5 weeks!! As the time comes sooner and sooner each day, I am getting so excited! These past few months have also been some of the hardest, but I know that it will all be worth it. As I prepare to preach the gospel, I feel more capable to do so. Reading the Book of Mormon daily, along with praying, studying Preach My Gospel (the manual that missionaries teach off of), and learning Portuguese has been such a blessing. As I have built my life around preparing to serve God and teach others of Christ, I have been able to accomplish all that I need and want to. I have been blessed with the ability to deal with all the challenges thrown my way. It reminds me of the scripture Helaman 5:12 in the Book of Mormon. (See here: http://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/hel/5?lang=eng). No matter what forces of opposition may come upon me, if I build my foundation on Jesus Christ I will be able to get through it. Many little miracles have occurred in my life to allow for me to go on a mission. From the beginning, this whole process has been such a test of patience. Currently, I am still waiting for my visa to go through. Even though I may not get it on time to go to the MTC in Brazil, and I may end up going to the MTC in Provo, Utah instead, I know that whatever happens is for the best. I am content with whatever outcome and just hope and pray that my visa will come when God needs it to. I love the gospel and know that it is true. I am privileged to be able to serve a mission and share the truth with others!

3 comments:

  1. That is my favorite scripture! I believe with all my heart everything that you said! Great missionary right there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you go to Provo! Cause then we can see you and send you packages of yummy food while you are in the MTC. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amanda! And Rebekah, that would be pretty sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete