Monday, October 7, 2013

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

Tudo bem!
This has been a fantastic week! We got to go to the temple in Raleigh on Friday, which was beautiful! Then, General Conference was all weekend! For those who don't know, General Conference is a semi-annual broadcast for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The prophet, who is the leader of the church and the representative of God on Earth today, speaks, as well as his counselors and other leaders in the church. They give inspired messages from God that teach, guide, and help us. I LOVED it! I would invite all to watch even just a few of the talks from Conference online at lds.org! My favorite one was by Dieter F. Uctdorf, one of the counselors to the prophet. Please watch his talk if you can!

I learned a lot this week about "blooming where you are planted". Basically, make the best out of the situation you are in and do what God would want you to do. I love teaching and helping people to come closer to their Savior, Jesus Christ. I love seeing how the gospel changes their lives and inspires them to become better versions of themselves. My favorite part of the gospel is that God does not want us to be lead astray. If we have questions, we can ask Him through prayer and receive answers. He wants us to know the truth, and He wants to hear from us daily. I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to teach others about the truth and help them to discover it for themselves. I know as I strive to lose my selfishness and serve God with all my heart, might, mind, and strength, miracles can be done through me for God. I love Him and I know He loves me. I know He loves you too. We are all His children and He is there for  us at all times, even if we are wandering far from Him. I love you all and hope you are doing well!


Sister Dieter



Me and the Temple!

My District!

Raleigh Temple!


No comments:

Post a Comment