Friday, October 18, 2013

Interesting week for sure!

Oi!
This has been a great week, but also a really interesting one! We rode our bikes for the first time this week! If you've never ridden a bicycle in a skirt before, well, you just don't know what fun is! I was a sight to see, that's for sure. We've also had some great meetings this week with less-active members, and seeing them remember the faith that they have and striving to come back is so inspiring. We also met quite a few new people that we are beginning to teach! It's so amazing to me how God always puts us in the right places at the right time. We will go to try and contact one person, and then meet someone completely random and have it be amazing. Our plans almost inevitably change all the time, and it always seems to work out better than we could have hoped for. Today, for example, we went shopping at Walmart. No big deal, right? We're not even trying to teach people or anything, just shopping. As we are bringing our groceries to the car, this man says "Hello Sisters!". What? Turns out he is a less-active member of the Church. We stopped and talked to him for a bit, and he was great! He told us how much he loves the Church and how it has blessed him in his life. Then, he says, "And you know if you ever want to come by and share the gospel with me, I'd love you to!" We were more than happy to plan on that! :) I guess what I'm saying is it is just the little miracles each day that we have to search for. The little things that go right, the plans that get changed, and how they work out for the better. I have seen God's hand in my life so much, and I am grateful that He is watching over me. Though I feel so incredibly inadequate as a missionary sometimes, I know that God makes up the difference for my weaknesses. In 2 Nephi 25:23 it says, "we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do". So, after we have done our very best and tried our hardest to be obedient and follow God, the power of Christ and His Atonement allow miracles to happen. We had a wonderful lesson with one of our investigators, and she is so sweet. She is so excited to be baptized and eager to learn more. Her faith inspires me, and her perseverance through the hardest trials I could ever imagine is amazing. She came to church this week, and loved it! In our lesson, she told us that she had come to know for herself that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith truly is a prophet of God. I love her and love the effects the gospel is having on her life. I'm so grateful to be here and I know that even though it is hard and I'm certainly not a perfect missionary, God will help me as I am obedient. I love you all and hope to hear from you soon!

Tchau!

Sister Dieter
After a long day of biking!

No comments:

Post a Comment