Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Trust in His Plan

For the past few weeks I have been thinking a lot about God's plan for us on Earth and as individuals. I know that we are all on the Earth for a purpose and that is to learn, grow, make choices, and come to know our Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ. They want us to be able to come back and live with them after we die, and have provided a way to do this through the Plan of Salvation. (See this post to learn more about the Plan of Salvation: http://searchingandfindingtruth.blogspot.com/2013/04/the-way.html). This plan gives me comfort because I know that I am not just wandering aimlessly here on Earth for maybe seventy to eighty years for no reason. It gives me reason to live, to work hard, to change, to grow, to endure tough times, and to keep pressing forward. I love that God is so organized and has given us exactly what we need to do to find happiness and salvation. It's no mystery and is open for all to learn, believe, and know.

Similarly, I believe that we all have different things to accomplish in our lives. Things that we can do to serve others and to change the world. I have recently discovered how little I truly know about the world, and really the universe in general. Though it may be a hard thought, I really do not have much power over the world around me. Of course, I have the power to control my own decisions, actions, and behavior. But, I cannot control what others do or what challenges come my way. My knowledge and faith in God gives me hope that everything will work out as it should. Anything that I could plan and hope for my life may certainly be good, but I know that if I follow God and serve Him, He will bless me beyond what I could dream of. He will refine me and make my life so much more meaningful and important. Sometimes, I worry about the future. It bothers me not to know exactly how my life will turn out sometimes. But, I realized that I do not need to know every little detail of the future to have hope that it will be good. As long as I follow the commandments of God, I will be guided and directed through the darkness of this world to happiness and light. As humans, we naturally want to feel in control. Psychologically it gives us confidence and eases our anxiety to feel like we have all the power in our lives. Think how much more secure of a feeling it is to know that the Supreme, All-Knowing, Creator of the Universe knows YOU, loves YOU, and wants to take care of YOU. He has set forth the way to follow. All we have to do is choose it and act on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment